Improving Patients' Quality of Life
Corona Regional Medical Center's Departments of Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy are dedicated to improving our patients' quality of life by promoting maximal functioning and independence and facilitating reintegration into the community.
Occupational therapy staff and physical therapy staff interface with all disciplines, including neuroscience, orthopedics, gerontology, hematology, oncology and general medicine. Occupational and physical therapy services are provided to hospitalized patients.
Our clinical expertise and core values of compassion and respect demonstrate our firm commitment to providing the highest quality of care for our patients. The Occupational Therapy Department's licensed professional staff includes a clinical manager and occupational therapists, as well as specialists who work in the evaluation and treatment of patients with neurological impairment. The Physical Therapy Department's clinical staff includes a clinical manager and physical therapists licensed in the state of California.
Services are provided to adolescents and adults recovering from:
- Arthritis and rheumatic disease
- Brain tumor
- Breast cancer lymphedema
- Neuromuscular disease
- Spinal cord injury
- Total joint replacement and orthopedic surgery
- Upper extremity and/or hand injury
Occupational Therapy Services
Occupational therapists use therapeutic approaches to restore and enhance each patient's living skills. Patients are trained to resume their daily routines, including toileting, grooming, bathing, dressing, cooking and working.
Specific services include:
- Assessing safety for independent living
- Community reintegration skills, including money management, shopping and using public transportation
- Evaluation and treatment of cognitive function
- Evaluation and treatment of ocular motor function
- Evaluation and treatment of visual perception
- Hand therapy: splinting, controlled range of motion exercises and edema control for hand and upper extremity injuries, reconstructive surgery and burns
- Training for activities of daily living: self-care and homemaking
Physical Therapy Services
Physical therapists use individual therapeutic approaches and patient education to those with impairment in physical functioning. Our staff provide patients with evaluation, one-to-one education and functional training for both patients and caregivers.
Specific physical therapy services provided include:
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with neuromuscular conditions
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with musculoskeletal conditions
- Strengthening and training in functional activities for patients recovering from acute medical problems and surgical procedures
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with neurological deficits following a stroke
- Training of amputee patients in preparation of use of prosthetic limbs
- Consultation with other healthcare professionals regarding patients requirement or potential requirement for rehabilitation