Useful Information for Your Stay at Corona Regional
Your Admission to the Hospital
Your physician will schedule your admission to the hospital. With non-emergency admissions, you should call at least five days before the day of admission to pre-register and verify your address, phone number and insurance information. Pre-registration may be reached at 951-736-4826. The information you provide will be forwarded to one of our financial counselors, who will call your insurance company in order to verify eligibility and receive authorization for your admission. If you have a co-payment due, our Insurance Verification staff will contact you. You will be asked to make a payment via our online patient payment portal, via credit card over the phone, or on the day of admission. You will still need to sign your admission forms when you come to the hospital to complete your registration. On the day of admission, please check in at the Concierge Desk in the Main Lobby of the hospital. From there, you will be directed to the appropriate department.
If you are scheduled for an outpatient surgery procedure, you will be requested to preregister, which will include your preoperative testing. You may also be scheduled to meet with the admissions nurse at that time. If you are not scheduled for a preoperative appointment you will receive a call from an outpatient surgery nurse regarding what you need to do to prepare for surgery.
What to Bring for an Inpatient Stay
Here's a list of the items you will need for an inpatient stay:
- Any physician orders, lab results or medical records that your physician has asked you to bring
- A list of medications you are currently taking. Our pharmacy will dispense medications you are to take while in the hospital, according to your physician's orders
- Bathrobe, slippers and grooming aids
- Sensible walking shoes if scheduled for orthopedic surgery
- Books or other appropriate personal items. If you will be staying on the Surgical, Medical or Intensive/Progressive Care units, please limit your personal items to eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, or other prosthetics only
- Your insurance card(s) and identification, such as a driver's license
- A copy of your Advance Directive, Living Will or other Durable Power of Attorney, if you have one
- Your co-payment as requested by Insurance Verification
Please do not bring jewelry, valuables, movies, electrical appliances, medications or unnecessary cash.
Medical staff, nursing staff, pastoral services, dietitians, social workers, housekeepers, volunteers, patient escort service, concierge service, other personnel
Your hospital bed, room temperature, calling your nurse during the night, television, telephones, leaving the unit
Smoke-free environment, fire drills, medications, valuables or lost items, cellular phones
Dietary services, cafeteria, vending machines
Patient liaison and problem resolution, mail and flowers, hearing-impaired services, interpreters, support groups
Checking out and discharge
Health plans accepted